Thursday, November 3, 2011

Galaxy Nails

Hey Everyone... I've really wanted to try "Galaxy Nails."  After looking over many tutorials and having some free time today, here is what I came up with:
Not too bad.  Here is a step-by-step tutorial of my own:
I started off with one coat of black onyx by OPI.  If I had a black shimmer, I would have used that.  I think it's definitely important to start with a black base.
To add sparkle, I added one coat of Tinsel Town by China Glaze.
Then, rip a make-up sponge in to small pieces.  I just poured a little bit of OPI's Alpine Snow on to a paper plate, dabbed the sponge in and carefully applied to each nail. (not over all of the nail--keep it toward the middle).
After the white dried, I did the same with China Glaze's Electric Pineapple... try not to cover too much of the white, and always leave some of the black/glitter showing.
After Electric Pineapple dried, I did the same thing with Zoya Yvette, being careful not to over-do it and cover up the other colors completely.
I applied China Glaze's Blue Iguana a bit more generously, seeing it's more of a midnight sky color
After my nails were completely dry, I sponged Hard Candy's Beetle generously over the entire nail ... Beetle is such a "Spacey" color.
Again, wait for everything to dry, then apply your moon, stars, planets, etc.. I couldn't find my dotting tools, so I used the end of a skewer and a bobby-pin.  
The white dots took forever to dry.  I wish I would have found my dotting tools because the larger dots are too big for me.  
Finally I used China Glaze's Fairy Dust as my topcoat and final step :)
Here is every color I used... Hope you enjoyed :)






1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...