Friday, January 18, 2013

Mariah Carey by OPI Liquid Sand

Happy Friday Everyone!!  I seriously debated long and hard about buying these Liquid Sand Polishes by OPI.  I guess my curiosity got the best of me because I ended up grabbing all four!! I just had to see for myself how I felt about glitter polish with an intentional gritty finish.. I'm wondering how long these types of polishes will be trendy.  I'm guessing they'll end up like "The Shatter Craze"-- all the hype for a short period, then...they'll just dwindle off.  We'll see..

Each of these four polishes contains glitter in a jelly-like base that dries to a gritty matte finish.  They really are an oxymoron..

Mariah Carey by OPI Liquid Sand:
L to R: Stay the Night, The Impossible, Can't Let Go, and Get Your Number
Stay the Night:




Thankfully, Stay the Night is the only one of these four I forgot to take pictures with top coat.  I wore this to a party without top coat and forgot to add top coat the next day before removing it.. ugh.  Anyway, I did apply top coat when I swatched this on a nail wheel and it didn't make much of a difference.  Stay the Night dries more sparkly than the other three, but it feels the grittiest.  I like the mix of black and pink.  Make sure you let each coat dry before applying another (these do take a bit longer to dry than regular polish).. Pictured above is three coats of Stay the Night.

The Impossible:


The Impossible has a reddish pink jelly base with silver, purple and reddish micro glitter, medium red glitter and holo stars.  The formula with The Impossible was really great and I like that it dries not too dull.  I did have to fish really hard to catch the stars, so shake your bottle like crazy or store it upside-down over night before you use it.  The stars do make all the difference with this one though.. they're beautiful in the sun!!

The Impossible with top coat
Top coat takes away the gritty texture in The Impossible, but not for long.  These polishes eat top coat like no one's business!!

Can't Let Go:



I really love the grape base in Can't Let Go.. it's such a gorgeous color!!  I love the pink hex glitter in Can't Let Go, but I really couldn't capture it too well... the base is just a bit to dark to let the glitter shine through.  I like the formula with Can't Let Go the best out of these four.  It applied the smoothest and seemed to dry faster than the others.
Can't Let Go with top coat
Top Coat really makes a difference with Can't Let Go!  The pink shimmer and hexes are much more apparent and I personally like Can't Let go shiny, not matte.

Get Your Number:


 Get Your Number is my personal favorite out of the bunch!  The base is an icy blue and it's gorgeous, both with and without top coat!!  There's such depth to Get Your Number.  I love the holo glitters!!  I did use three coats because there was VNL with just two.
Get Your Number with top coat

Get Your Number with top coat
Get Your Number didn't swallow the top coat as badly as the others and the holo glitters are much more apparent with top coat..

**I like the Liquid Sand polishes a lot more than I thought I would..  I'm not in love with them, but they're pretty cool.  I think I'll do a pedicure with Get Your Number tomorrow!  Do you have any Liquid Sand polishes?  What do you think of them?  Which is your favorite??

5 comments:

  1. Your swatches are gorgeous Jodi!! I can't wait to get mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Get Your Number and Impossible!!! The textured finish is so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I talk myself out of these they pop up on a blog and my gosh they just look fantastic and you take them to the next level. I need all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how these look with a top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up the little sample pack to try, and I'm still not sure whether I really love them or not. I agree with you that it'll be like the shatter/crackle polish phase and it'll be gone before we know it lol (which is why I didn't invest in the full bottles;) but I think they're definitely fun for now!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...