Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dollish Polish.. I Love Jake Ryan and Nice Scrunchy, Heather.

Hey Everyone!!  I'm really excited about today's post!  I recently discovered Dollish Polish on Etsy, ordered a few, swatched two and fell in love already!!  I'm totally new to this brand, but it seems all (or  most of) the polishes are named after movies and the two I chose to show you today are named after two of my all-time favorite movies.. Sixteen Candles and Heathers!!

First up is I <3 Jake Ryan:

Sixteen Candles is my all-time favorite movie EVER. HANDS DOWN.  This color could have been completely repulsive and I would have bought it just for the name!!
I <3 Jake Ryan was inspired by the color of Molly Ringwald's (Sam's) bridesmaid's dress from her sister's wedding at the end of the movie... (Remember her crazy sister took all those muscles relaxers right before her wedding???!)  Anyway, I'm not too crazy about the color LOL.  It's a sheer light lavender.  Pictured above is three coats.    Don't get me wrong, the formula was fantastic, I just don't like frosty lavenders.

OK.. here is the part where I fell in love.  I also picked the color Nice Scrunchy, Heather because it's named after those red scrunchies all the "Heathers" would wear in the movie "Heathers."  Remember?..
All the popular girls wanted to be "red."  Red Everything.  I really have to re-watch this one!  It's a classic.

The polish Nice Scrunchy, Heather is a beautiful cherry red HOLO!:


Ahh.. we had zero sun when I swatched this!  I tried to capture the holo-goodness with the flash and you can definitely see it, but I wish the sun would shine soon around here because I'm excited to wear this one again!!  Nice Scrunchy Heather is so beautiful even in low light (see first picture).  Usually I'm not that crazy about holos indoors without sunlight, but this one is absolutely gorgeous!!  Nice Scrunchy, Heather is easily on my top 10 current favorite polish list!!  This polish applied like a dream..I barely had anything to clean up!  Two coats of Nice Scrunchy and you're good to go!!  I even went back to Etsy to purchase a full-sized bottle!!

I love Dollish Polishes!!  I just placed another order with her!!  You should definitely run quickly to Dollish Polish on Etsy and pick up a few today.  Prices are great and customer service & shipping are fantastic!!  I can't wait to receive my next order!! :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of frosty colors but the Nice Scrunchie, Heather looks super pretty! I might have to buy that one. I love red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could layer "Jake" over a bright fuchsia or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, Stacy. I think I would like it better layered over a deep dark purple or pink :)

      Delete
  3. I was also going to say that maybe you could layer I <3 Jake Ryan but over a dark color. Usually polishes that are that thin are great for layering. Who knows, you could have a fab polish on your hands(pun intended) and don't even know it lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...