Friday, October 28, 2011

Zombie Zest and Ick-A-Bod-y

Hey Kids! Yesterday I did a quick post with Mummy May I from China Glaze. Today I swatched 2 more polishes that came with the same gift set as Mummy May I. They are called Zombie Zest and Ick-A-Bod-Y. Cute Names, huh??
First up is Ick-A-Bod-Y... This polish has black and bright orange glitter in a black jelly base. The above picture is indoors with a flash. This is 4 coats!!!

I usually don't care much for orange, but after applying all 4 coats and a top coat, I kinda liked this one. It's very Halloween-ie! It was a pain to remove, though and it had such a grainy texture.

Up next is Zombie Zest:
Hello, Split Pea Soup Green!!! Yuck! I don't like it! The formula was watery and it felt like I applied 100 coats to reach full opacity.. (Actually, I think it was more like 4)

This color does absolutely nothing for my skintone. I couldn't take it off fast enough.. blah. On a happier note, I am getting better at taking pictures if I do say so myself :)

I also want to share a picture of yesterday's Mummy May I. I barely had it on for 24 hours and look:
I've never had a polish chip that fast!! Granted, I didn't use a basecoat, but still.. that's some major chipping!

Sarah, a friend of mine just introduced me to Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat. OMG-- Where have I been? This stuff is amazing. It really was dry after 30 seconds and it's so shiny. (I applied on Ick-A-Bod-Y, not on Zombie Zest).

Insta-Dri is good stuff!!

Well, that's almost it for today.. Just want to remind you to enter my giveaway. It's the last post I did. Blogger is acting crazy today and I can't figure out how to add the link, sorry. Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...