Monday, October 24, 2011

China Glaze... Let It Snow (part 2)

Today I swatched the remaining 6 polishes from China Glaze's "Let It Snow" Collection.  Wouldn't you know.. the sun came out literally 10 minutes after I was done, so no pics are in the sun :(  That sucks because some of these need to be captured in sunlight to see the true color.  Let's start...
Indoors with flasth
Indoors- no flash
First up is Icicle.  Icicle is a pretty silver shimmer.  Application was easy and full opacity was reached with 2 coats.  For those of you who like silver, you'll like Icicle.
Indoors- with flash
Indoors- no flash
Next up is Glittering Garland.  This polish is a shimmery forest green with small white and silver glitter.  Full opacity is reached with 2 coats, also.


Champagne Bubbles is a unique gold shimmer.  If you look closely, you can see tiny random black glitter.  This is the very first gold for me.  I have a cool skintone and usually steer clear from warm colors like this.  I didn't like this color in person, but in these pictures, it's not so bad.  You swill definitely need 3 coats with this one.. it's extremely sheer.


I really like this one!  It's Tinsel Town!!  Holy Glitter!  This polish is thick with amazing white, black and silver glitter in a dark silver base!  It's festive.  Great for a Holiday Party.  2 coats and you're good to go!!
Surprise!!!  This is my favorite color out of the entire collection!  It's called Blue Year's Eve (so cute) and I absolutely love it!!  This is my first royal blue and I didn't think much of it in the bottle, but I fell in love with it on my nails!!!  I should have applied 3 coats as it is very sheer, but it's gorgeous!!  This is the color I would have loved to have caught in sunlight.  I really enjoy this blue shimmer!!!
Last up is Ring in the Red.  With a flash (and I'm assuming in the sun) it looks almost pink.  This color should be layered on a red for that classic "Christmas Mani".  Ring in the Red kinda reminds me of OPI's Getting Miss Piggy With It, except the glitter is smaller.

Overall, I really like this collection. Sure, there are a few colors I will swap out, but I really had fun swatching this collection.  This is my first blog post of an entire collection... Yay!


3 comments:

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...