Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ma Cherie and a Muppet...

Hi All... I have another red mani for you guys.  It's in honor of my step-son's football game tonight.  Our hometown colors are red, black and white and tonight is his last game!!  I can't believe he's a Senior already!  Go Red Go!  This one is for Matt... you may never clean your room and you sometimes miss the toilet and pee on the floor, but I still love you and I'm very proud of you.........

First up is Orly Ma Cherie.  This color is from their Holiday Soiree Collection.  Ma Cherie is a classic red.  Application is sheer and the formula is a jelly.  Three coats is needed for full opacity.  Ma Cherie is a beautiful delicate red... very classy.
No topcoat is needed as Ma Cherie has a gorgeous shine.  I would recommend using a quick fast-dry topcoat, though, as this polish took a while to dry.

I wanted to add a little sparkle, so I added OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy With It from The Muppet Collection.  I'm surprised I haven't used one of my Muppets in a post yet.  I keep meaning to, then another idea pops in my head. :)
This polish has silver and red hex glitters, small red glitter... all in a clear base.  You can't see the red hex glitters very well because I added Gettin' Miss Piggy With It to a red base.  In my opinion, this polish would look better alone, so you can see all the glitter.  You'd need a few coats for that, but it does look OK on this red. (Pictured here is just one coat)
When the light hits my nails just right, you can see the jelly finish of Ma Cherie.. It almost reminds me of a Candy Mani :)
Dugan wanted to say "Hi".. He always watches me paint my nails :)

Almost forgot... Have you entered my giveaway yet???  It's in honor of having 50 followers... thanks for stopping by and showing my blog some love <3

Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. This red looks beautiful on you! I only like very orangey-reds on me, so I don't think this one would work for me. But it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...