Tuesday, October 25, 2011

L'Oreal Owl's Night

Hi Again!  Originally I had planned to post Owl's Night tomorrow.  I had my heart set to water marble today for the first time.  Let's just say it wasn't a success.  I did manage to get one finger done..  Here it is:
Water Marbling is hard... don't let those easy tutorials on youtube tell you differently.. LOL.  This was my first attempt.  I really need to practice and I think I'll get it.. eventually.  I'm going to buy some  less expensive polishes as I wasted tons of Zoyas today.  (Next time I'll remember to use room temp. FILTERED water).  Ok... on to today's mani:

________________________________________________________________________________

Owl's Night by L'Oreal is mysterious.. kinda like Orly's Space Cadet.  I'm really not sure what color it is.. brown, green, grey?  It doesn't matter because I love it!!  I was lucky enough to get my hands on this in a swap because I couldn't find it anywhere around me.  Owl's Night is part of a Project Runway Collection and I think it's supposed to be available at local drug stores, but like I said, I haven't seen it.....
inside, natural light
inside- with flash
Now that you've seen these swatches, what color would you call it?  See, with the flash, it looks brown and without the flash it looks greenish grey to me.  I also love the way it sparkles, not too much.. just enough to catch your eye.
These last 2 pictures were taken outside in sunlight.  The formula for Owl's Night is really smooth as you'll only need 2 coats.  You can see a goldish shimmer in the pictures in the sun.  This is such a fun polish!

How do you feel about Owl's Night?  Do you own any of the other polishes from The Project Runway Collection??

4 comments:

  1. i'm not good at water marbling, either :/ i can't get it to look decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't figure out what to call this color either. It's like bronze, green, gold, I don't know. But it's gorgeous! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got 1 finger done, anyway, and it looks pretty! Yeah, stock up on some inexpensive Sinful Colors for your next attempt. ;) I love Owl's Night. It's the only one of the collex I own. I haven't worn it yet though. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...