Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chocolate Candy Mani... (well, kinda)

I had a perfect picture in my brain of how I wanted this mani to turn out.  It really doesn't look much like the picture :(..  I love doing candy manis.. I think they're so neat.  Some people may call this a "jelly sandwich", but I didn't use a jelly on the bottom AND on the the top.. therefore, it's a candy mani..


This mani was done with:

1 coat OPI- You Don't Know Jaques!
1 coat OPI- Crown Me Already!
1 coat Sonia Kashuk- Chocoholic





I'm smacking myself upside the head because I should have used OPI- Suzi Loves Cowboys as the jelly topcoat!  Ah!  I forgot I had it.  I just got Chocoholic in a swap and it seems like a jelly, but it's just a bit too thick to use in a candy mani/jelly sandwich.
I like the color.. the glitter just doesn't shine through the way I pictured!  Darn!  Oh well, it's kinda pretty.  I'll know better next time.

This is my new favorite cuticle oil.  It's by SpaRitual and you brush the oil right on your nail/cuticle, then gently push back your cuticle with the angle sponge cap.  It smells good, too!!

Tell me about your Candy Manis.   What combo did you use?  Also, I want more jellies. Which are your favorite? :)

3 comments:

  1. Yea you can't really see the glitter but it's definitely cooler than just brown. How much is that oil? I'm looking for an easy to apply one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love the idea behind this! i'm going to have to get some jelly polishes and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you find a good combo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...