Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nubar Chiffon AND Essie Shine of the Times...

Originally, I was going to paint my nails with OPI's Color to Diner For for my Thanksgiving Mani, but I finally got my hands on Essie's Shine of the Times and knew right away I wanted to use it ASAP!  Looking through my stash, I decided on Nubar Chiffon for my solid base color.

Here is Chiffon alone..


Chiffon is a pretty brownish grey creme with lots of shine.  Pictured above is two coats.  I purchased Chiffon the same time I got Nubar 2010 on Amazon.  This color just kinda jumped out at me and I'm glad I decided to buy it.  It kinda reminds me of OPI's You don't know Jacques.

I've been waiting for  my supply store to finally have Essie's Luxeffects in stock.  I ordered Shine of the Times and As Gold as it gets.  Here is Shine of the Times over Chiffon:
Direct Light

Direct Light

Natural Light

Natural Light
Shine of the Times is beautiful!!  You really can't go wrong with a flakie!  Yes, it's pretty close to Nubar 2010, but I think the flakies in SOTT are more dense than 2010.  I love how this mani looks so different just if I tilt my hand in a different direction!  It's gorgeous and it's perfect for Thanksgiving!!

Do you have any from the Luxeffects collection?  Which is your favoirte?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! OMG those flakes!!! This is such an especially amazing combination! I have been waiting and waiting for my local supplies to get the Luxeffects too, urgh! I stopped in before the holiday and they saw me (again!) and were like, "Backordered." I hope they get them soon! *taps foot with impatience* :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same one, I LOVE it. This one got me hooked on finding new and exciting polishes. It looks amazing under dark purple!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...