Friday, November 16, 2012

Zoya Gilty Pleasures Trio

Yep, I caved and bought Zoya's Gilty Pleasures Holiday Trio!  I tried to resist, but I just had to have it, plus I didn't own Zoya Raven or Zoya Purity (the two other polishes in the trio), so it's all good. lol ;)

If you've been living in a cave for the past month or so, here's what's included in Zoya's Gilty Pleasures Holiday Trio:

1. One bottle of Gilty- 18k real gold flake topcoat
2. Zoya Purity- a white cream
3. Zoya Raven- satiny black with subtle shimmer

Zoya Gilty Pleasures Trio:

Gilty over Zoya Purity:


I used two coats of Gilty over Purity followed by topcoat in the above two pictures.  I really like the gold flakes over white.  I really didn't think I'd care for this combo, but it's one of my favorites.  Purity's formula was kinda disappointing though.  It was on the thick side and took way too long to dry.

Gilty over Zoya Raven:


I love Zoya Raven!  I've wanted a new black and Raven is just beautiful!  The formula was fantastic and the subtle shimmer sets Raven apart from any other black cream (well, Raven really isn't a cream.. it's more sheer).  I'm not loving this combo though.  I only used one coat of Gilty (because I don't want to waste it) over two coats of Raven followed by topcoat.  This combo is pretty, but I like Gilty with Purity much more.

I decided to swatch Gilty over two more "holiday" colors just so you can see if you like these combos..

Gilty over Zoya Holly:


I just love this combo and I'm really not even a huge fan of greens!  This is my favorite combo I've seen so far!  I really think Gilty looks amazing over Holly!  By the time I used Gilty for the third time, I was able to disperse the flakes more evenly with just one coat.  Love, love, love Gilty + Holly!!  I'll wear these two again for sure!

Gilty over Zoya Sarah:


I never realized Zoya Sarah had a fuchsia tone until I was able to capture some pictures in the sun.  Again, I have one coat of Gilty over two coats of Sarah followed by topcoat in the above two pictures.  Everyone rants and raves about Zoya Sarah, but I just don't get the hype.  Sarah is pretty, but  I don't even think she's a true red.  I should have grabbed Zoya Sooki or Isabel, but Gilty IS pretty over Sarah.. just not my favorite red and gold combo.

**There you have it.. real gold flakes for the holidays!!  Who'd a thunk??  lol!!  I am loving Gilty over Purity and Holly.  What's your favorite polish to layer Gilty over??**

-- You can still purchase The Zoya Gilty Pleasures Trio here for $45.

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...