Thursday, November 8, 2012

No H8: Eradicate Hate in the Nail Polish Blogger Community


Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.


**The concept of people picking on someone because they think that person's manicure is messy, totally blows my mind!  I'm against bullying of any sort, but come one people...we're talking nail polish here!!  Learn to love, not hate.  Say kind words or say nothing at all**

direct sunlight



For my purple mani, I chose to create a jelly sandwich with Nubar Grape and Shimmer Polish Cassandra.  I started with two coats of Grape, a coat of Cassandra, then one more coat of Grape :)  You can see in sunlight this mani leans toward pink and in natural light it has more of a blue hue.

If you or someone you know suffers from bullying, there is help.  Please visit the following sites for support and encouragement:
StopBullying.gov
Report Cyber Bullying
National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 800.273.TALK (8255)
Eradicate H8




9 comments:

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...