Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girly Girl Challenge Day 1- Think Pink!

Hey Everyone!  I finally decided to participate in a "Nail Art Challenge."  This one is perfect for me because instead of posting once a day, you only have to post twice a week for one  month... that's only 8 manis and I think I can handle that... Plus, the theme is "Girly Girl", so it fits me perfectly!  Thanks Lindsey at Neverland Nail Blog for creating this one!!

Here is the set-up:

Day One is "wear your favorite pink polish and nail art."  I'm good with the pink polish part, but nail art??  Not so much.. Yikes...

OPI Pink Flamenco is one of my favorite pinks!  I was so happy to grab this oldie from my helmer.  It's such a pretty and "springy" color.. love it!

Ok, so I found this cute idea to add daisies over Pink Flamenco from this youtube tutorial.  Everything was fine until I added the top coat.  Take a look:


The paint from the white nail art pen "cracked" when I added the top coat...Ahhhh!  

So I had a little extra time to try something else, so I decided to try this technique from Lindsey's blog, but I kinda flubbed on this one too.. :(

This base is once again, Pink Flamenco.  I then used Zoya Sweet, OPI Funky Dunkey, and Fingerpaints Blue Raspberry Taffy to create the lines.  You pour a glob of each polish on wax paper, then stir the heck out of it with a dotting tool until it's tacky, then "string" it across your nail.  Funky Dunkey took a while to thicken, so the strings are really thick..  Oh well, I give myself an A for effort :)

I'll be back in a few days with Challenge #2! :)

Here is a list of the lovely ladies participating in this challenge:

Lindsey of Neverland Nail Blog

Ashley of Follow The Yellow Polish Road

Stephanie of A Little Polish

Kelly of PolishEnthusiast

Danielle of Lacquer Lover

Elly of Polishable

Olivia of Unprofessional Nails

Kate of This Charming Kate

Bethany of  A Plethora of Nails

Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady

Eugenia of Talon-ted

Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind

Amanda of Nox Nails

Ashley of Smashley Sparkles

Sarah of See Sarah Swatch

Emily of The Lacquerologist

Jess of LuvMyLacquer

Tressa of O' Natur Nail 

ChiChi of I'm just me...ChiChi 


Amanda of Berry Polished 

Robin, Erin, and Anna of Polished Cousins


11 comments:

  1. I love it! Two manicures for one day! I thought the cracked white was intentional - I think it looks cool! I thought about trying this challenge but I'm not sure I can handle another one. I may have to come back to it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink is gorgeous!!! I love the spring look and the crackle effect adds to it- more real looking!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow ow.. Someone was busy.

    I Actually quite like the cracked effect on the flower.
    That pink is a lovely pink!

    *new on ur blog, and glad to be doing this challenge with u*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those flowers! the cracks on the white flower look like a chalk drawing. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the cracking effect is actually not bad at all. It looks very interesting. I'll remember that as an idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cracks on the flower petals are so cool! I think it's really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the crackle effect on the flower! It looks great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. agreed with everyone else, those cracked flowers look really cool!! definitely would not call it a fail:]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the second one! The colours are great and the thickened strips looks neat. Textured nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both awesome Jodi =]! Great job =]!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The spun art is interesting...it is definitely a little thicker than I'd want on my nails tho, good for a first try tho! I like that shade of pink too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...