Friday, October 12, 2012

China Glaze Wicked Four Piece Gift Set

Happy Friday Everyone! I have three polishes to share with you from China Glaze's Wicked Collection (plus Ghoulish Glow)..

They came in this cute gift set:
L to R: Roguish Red, Glitter Goblin, Bizarre Blurple, Ghoulish Glow
Roguish Red:

Roguish Red is a really pretty red creme that leans heavily toward orange.  I'm usually not a fan of orange, especially against my skintone, but Roguish Red is "red" enough for me to pull off.  The formula is really great.  The consistency of the the polish is perfect.  I have two coats in the picture above.

Glitter Goblin over Roguish Red:

Glitter Goblin is packed full of orange, silver, gold and holo glitter in a clear base.  I really like Glitter Goblin paired with Roguish Red.  Glitter Goblin's formula is great too.  I used one coat, then a thick coat of topcoat to smooth the grittiness. This is a great Halloween glitter!

Bizarre Blurple:

I just realized how eerily similar Bizarre Blurple is to OPI Tomorrow Never Dies.  I have Tomorrow Never Dies posted here.  If I had to choose from the two, I'd definitely pick Bizarre Blurple.  The formula and the finish are both so much better than Tomorrow Never Dies.  Pictured above is two coats.

***Update.. 10/13/12..  A few of you requested to see a comparison pic of Bizarre Blurple and OPI Tomorrow Never Dies, so here it is...
Bizarre Blurple on LEFT, Tomorrow Never Dies on RIGHT
They're really close.. Bizarre Blurple is much more pigmented than TND.  I only used 2 coats of BB and three for TND.  I like Bizarre Blurple MUCH better!!**


Ghoulish Glow over Bizarre Blurple:

I was really excited about Ghoulish Glow.  I don't think it's a part of the Wicked Collection.. it was just an "added bonus" to the gift set.  I applied three generous coats over Bizarre Blurple and patiently waited for darkness.. lol.  I think I set my expectations a bit too high because here's what I got...

Urgh.. I'm not sure what I did wrong??  I held my fingers against my Ottlite for a minute, turned off the light, grabbed my camera, and by the time I took the freaking pic (like 5 seconds), the glow was gone. :( Blah!  Maybe you're just supposed to wear Ghoulish Glow on it's own.  I have no clue but it was a big ole dud for me. :(

I really love the first three polishes, especially Roguish Red!!  Too bad Ghoulish Glow was such a disappointment! :(

**Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to enter my One Year Blogiversary Giveaway!!**

13 comments:

  1. Nice! I really like Bizarre Blurple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glitter Goblin and Bizarre Blurple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glow-in-the-dark polishes never work lol! Such a scam! The other 3 are pretty though :)

    https://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try painting Ghoulish Glow over white or something VERY close to white! You'll be pleasantly surprised with the glowing results!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OR! Use a dotting tool and white paint to make eyeballs or faces or ghosts or something over a very dark color, then put a coat or 2 of Ghoulish Glow on over the whole nail, and only the white accents will glow!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kimberly.. I'll try it over white :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the swatches, they are great! I like Bizarre Blurple, but generally I'm a bit disappointed with the shades in this collection. There is nothing really exiting about them :(
    Holiday Season collection seems to look great on the promo photos though, I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I've used glow in the dark paint you have to put on a good 3 or 4 coats of it. It really covers up whatever you are wearing underneath though. But with that many coats your nails will glow longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could You PLEEASE do a comparison with Blurple and the OPI?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for doing the comparison. I have been wondering about these 2 shades. I did not buy the ChG one because I had pre-ordered the Skyfall collection (short of 2 shades I knew I would not like)...now thinking I need to see if Sally's still has Burple - I am really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ghoulish Glow worked perfectly for me with one coat over white (I did ghosts! ^^) so yeah, maybe it works better on pale polishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...