Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weekly Water Marble 2/16/12

Hi Again!!  It's time for my Weekly Water Marble..  To be honest, I'm really loving these.  I'm not that good at nail art or stamping, but I can marble.. and each week I learn something new..  My tip for this week is to swish your finger around in the water before you lift it out.  If you look closely at your nail while it's in the water, you can see if there's a "bubble" on it.  If you look closely at my index finger, you can see where the bubble was.  I remember seeing it while it was in the water, but thought I could "shake it off" when I removed my finger.  I had another one on my ring finger and I swished my finger around while it was still in the water, and the bubble "let go." :)

For this marble I applied a base coat of OPI's Did You Ear About Van Gogh? to each finger.  For the actual marble I used SpaRitual Ebb & Flow, SpaRitual Undercurrent, and OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh?  I attempted a "swirl pattern" for this marble...  Let's see how it turned out..




My favorite swirl is on my ring finger nail.  I like this color combo.  I think if I were to use these three colors again, I wouldn't use as much Did You Hear About Van Gogh?  I didn't want the blues to "overpower" the marble, but I think I should have used a little more Ebb & Flow (the turquoise color).

These water marbles are fun..  I wonder what combo I'll try next week, or what pattern??  Hmmmm..  Anything you'd like to see??

Have a Happy Thursday!!

20 comments:

  1. This is great!!! I love the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning colors together and great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color contrast and swirls, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UG!!!!!!! You are killing me!!!!! Once again a fantastic water marble!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is so cool! I really love blue and this is one of the best water marblings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is an incredible water marble! I've never tried water marbling because it looks so hard, but this is so gorgeous that it makes me want to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi your marbles are awesome!!! I remember when you were hating them at first - look how far you've come! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is amazing, very unique style of marbling:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I'm loving the swirls!!! Great job at marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out great Jodi! Love the colours and the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jodi.. this turned out great..love the colors and especially the ring finger pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is fantastic! I wish my water marbles would turn out that good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog today, and was looking through your old posts...this is an amazing water marble! Best I've seen! Makes me want to actually attempt this technique. Beautiful blog--

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...